In a relationship, do you agree with the notion that...

8,167 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TowerAg90
SUPAGGIE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
... fighting or arguing with your SO is part of a healthy and lasting relationship? I'm talking about really going at it and getting mad at each other.

I'm in the best relationship right now. We never fight or argue.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Beer Baron
AG
She's probably banging someone else on the side.
Holly Golightly
AG
angry make up sex
Kate Beckett
AG
I've seen some battles with my parents and they're still married after 27 years.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
It's important to know that your relationship can handle big fights, but it's stupid to think you need to be arguing frequently to have a "healthy" relationship.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SUPAGGIE
quote:
It's important to know that your relationship can handle big fights, but it's stupid to think you need to be arguing frequently to haves "healthy" relationship.

What if we never fight?
arson keg
quote:
It's important to know that your relationship can handle big fights, but it's stupid to think you need to be arguing frequently to have a "healthy" relationship.
Chickenhawk
I cant believe im about to do this, but i will provide a useful answer for once.

Yes it is.

Especially if you love someone. A perfect relationship free from fights like you see on tv is not real life. Besides, if you never had issues, anyone could make it last.

Real love is working through your issues, together, bc the relationship is far more important than whatever irritant just rattled your chains.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
If I wanted any lip from my woman, I'd unzip my pants.
Chickenhawk
quote:

This too.
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:
I cant believe im about to do this, but i will provide a useful answer for once.

Yes it is.

Especially if you love someone. A perfect relationship free from fights like you see on tv is not real life. Besides, if you never had issues, anyone could make it last.

Real love is working through your issues, together, bc the relationship is far more important than whatever irritant just rattled your chains.
arson keg
why should you be arguing at all? tell that ***** to get her *** back in the kitchen
Post removed:
by user
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:

I agree. We've been together 12 years. We used to get in some big fights earlier in the relationship, but we've reached the point where we both recognize there isn't any value in arguing or *****ing over what are ultimately (and almost always) stupid things. Sure, we gripe at each other on occasion now, but we consistently communicate better now, which avoids arguments.
aglaohfour
AG
Having disagreements is normal and healthy, if they are resolved in a civil and productive way. I think that if a couple NEVER disagrees, then they must not have been together for very long or they don't ever discuss anything very "deep" (for lack of a better term).

On the other hand, frequently having knock-down-drag-out arguments complete with raised voices and crying isn't healthy. In my opinion, there is no excuse for an adult to ever raise his or her voice or curse at a significant other in an argument. If you can't resolve a conflict without resorting to that, then you need to work on your communication skills.
Knife_Party
Do you have disagreements? If you just have little tiffs every now and then that's great. But, if you always just agree with each other...something is up. That doesn't even seem human. How long have y'all been together?
DE4D
AG
Do you have each others backs? Does the leave marks when she strikes you? Spousal abuse goes both ways bro. Don't just take an ass beating everynight. It's OK to walk away.
lexofer
AG
My wife almost never fights or argues, just doesn't talk to me for long periods of time and never lets me know what is wrong. Probably would be better if she yelled at me on occasion.
fishinaggiegirl
AG

Holly Golightly
AG
Spouse was mad at me all day yesterday and this morning.

I asked him what he was mad about and he just walked away. It is ridiculous to try and have a relationship if you can't communicate. I mean I'm good, but I cannot read your mind.

Predmid
AG
I think it depends on the issue. If you fight about the little small things, you're probably OK. Don't sweat the small stuff.

..It is when you fight about the big things that signal an eventual end to the relationship. Differences in opinion on the big things never really go away (Kids, Money, Savings, lifestyles). And if one party gets their way, the other will always bear some resentment towards the other.
AggieAces06
AG
I think some fighting is natural and healthy for the relationship. I'm talking about fighting that leads to communication and being able to work through issues together.

If fighting leads to violence or abuse then it isn't healthy. If you can't communicate your issues then you are in trouble.

Sometimes during a fight you have to be able to walk away, calm down, and then come back willing to talk rationally and listen to each other.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
I am glad we get along
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Spouse was mad at me all day yesterday and this morning.

That's probably because you left his ass at home all weekend lol
MSCAg
AG
Honestly, in most of the relationships were people didn't argue, it was because on party was a push-over. Either that, or both of them were so super-chill.

Most people fight. Ideally, you end up with a person who is pretty reasonable and you fight, get over it, and that's that.

Most couples that are constantly fighting don't seem to end up together.
Ryan the Temp
AG
My husband was pissed off because I was watching football on Saturday instead of working on renovations to my dining room. When my priorities changed around halftime he just laughed at me. I told him to shut up. Disagreement over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ryan, you a chick or gay?
Tagguy
AG
quote:
quote:
It's important to know that your relationship can handle big fights, but it's stupid to think you need to be arguing frequently to haves "healthy" relationship.

What if we never fight?

It means that you are probably a submissive little...
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I'm more man than you'll ever be and more woman that you'll ever have, all rolled into one. [/snap]

We're both dudes. But he does that whole, "If you don't know what's wrong then I'm not going to tell you." crap sometimes.
Lily09
AG
I agree with those saying it's healthy to have the disagreements. The bf and I haven't had a massive fight yet (we actually get along fairly well), but we did have a pretty serious talk/argument that was going make or break us. It was a huge turning point in our relationship. Basically, we learned that we needed to communicate more. I needed to communicate even more.
atag
AG
I have fought in every relationship I have ever been in and they all failed. I'm in a relationship now that we never fight....it's strange but sooooo much better. I don't carry that weight on me while at work and my home life is a place I know I can go to and be free from all stress and drama. It's amazing. We are both strong opinionated and neither of us are afraid of voicing our disagreements but we always respect each others opinions and listen to each other. Never yelling and never anger.
19 inch cobra
quote:

Yes it is.

That's really beautiful Justin. Are you gay?
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:

Yes it is.

That's really beautiful Justin. Are you gay?
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm more man than you'll ever be and more woman that you'll ever have, all rolled into one. [/snap]

We're both dudes. But he does that whole, "If you don't know what's wrong then I'm not going to tell you." crap sometimes.
well now we know who catches
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.