National Breast Cancer Awareness Month starts tomorrow

2,860 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agracer
commando2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Madaman
Who cares
Tired of all the damn pink
GregZeppelin
AG
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Great, now I have to watch football in black and white for a month.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:

You're doing a great disservice to women everywhere by refusing to watch football played by men wearing bright pink.

Football played by men in bright pink is the cornerstone the crucially important mission of increasing donations to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, so they can afford to continue their noble crusade of asking us all for more donations to the Susan G. Komen foundation.
BaileyAg
AG
Ughhh
GigEmBevo
I don't think NFL is doing the pink month thing
marble rye
AG
Gawd. Make it stop.
BaileyAg
AG
Got up super early one morning for the Komen walk with a buddy of mine who's girlfriend had survived breast cancer.

Went to the registration tent and told them we'd like to walk. "How much money have you raised?"

"Well, none...but I've got $200 cash I'll donate right now (buddy had the same) and we'll do this."

"Sorry, you'll have to leave...that's not the way this works."

Turned down $400 bucks. We went and had breakfast.

Beer Baron
AG
I will nobly accept your 400 tittiebucks.
Magic Mike
quote:
I will nobly accept your 400 tittiebucks.

I don't think you appreciate the tiddies enough to accept that 400 bucks.
marble rye
AG
Srsly. Give it to someone with actual titties.
Madaman
quote:
Got up super early one morning for the Komen walk with a buddy of mine who's girlfriend had survived breast cancer.

Went to the registration tent and told them we'd like to walk. "How much money have you raised?"

"Well, none...but I've got $200 cash I'll donate right now (buddy had the same) and we'll do this."

"Sorry, you'll have to leave...that's not the way this works."

Turned down $400 bucks. We went and had breakfast.

is that for real????
BaileyAg
AG
Unfortunately.
histag10
AG
I won't donate to the Komen Foundation on principle. The give big bucks to planned parenthood every year.
B-1 83
AG
The Corpus newspaper was actually on pink paper this morning.
agcrock2005
AG
My friend (33 y.o. Aggie with stage 4 breast cancer) posted this on Facebook. Pretty good article from a survivors perspective. Cancer sucks.

http://www.healthline.com/health/breast-cancer/turn-from-awareness-to-research
ClickClack
AG
Maybe I should post the wife's tatas. You know, for breast awareness and stuff.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
My friend (33 y.o. Aggie with stage 4 breast cancer) posted this on Facebook. Pretty good article from a survivors perspective. Cancer sucks.

http://www.healthline.com/health/breast-cancer/turn-from-awareness-to-research

Good article. Please be "aware" of where your donations are going. There are way too many "awareness" organizations where the $ go to pockets - not research. Perhaps a donation to someone like MD Anderson is more appropriate. That money helps a wider range of research.
Tom Hagen
AG
quote:
Perhaps a donation to someone like MD Anderson is more appropriate. That money helps a wider range of research.

The breast cancer researchers at MD Anderson can't even poison someone effectively. I wouldn't have any confidence in them finding a cure.
hunterntexas
AG
quote:
I won't donate to the Komen Foundation on principle. The give big bucks to planned parenthood every year.

Imagine how much breast cancer they prevent by helping to abort those titties before they are born.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
The breast cancer researchers at MD Anderson can't even poison someone effectively. I wouldn't have any confidence in them finding a cure.

I get the joke, but they made my cancer history.

It's very frustrating to see all the emphasis on just "being aware." When I was going through chemo, I really hated the commercial for the Avon Walk that said "what if you could help a woman going through breast cancer just by walking..."

I understood what they were trying to get at, but it seemed to trivialize the very difficult fight of chemo and radiation that "a woman going through breast cancer" was doing. Like -oh, a little walk and everything is ok.
By the way, my husband said I was being over sensitive.

From my perspective, I loved that women, seeing my bald head, came up to me with their own stories of survival. So many survivors! I no longer look at that diagnosis of cancer as meaning certain death.
But I hated the fact that they all assumed I had breast cancer - like that's the only kind of cancer a woman can get.

My stance on awareness is this - know that anyone can get cancer at any age. Do NOT neglect well-woman or well-man (Is that what they call them?) checkups. Even if you aren't planning children right now, get your whoo-ha checked out, and follow up on issues - especially if you just "feel" something isn't right. Until a cure is found, early detection is the key to survival.

I'm happy to see the pink, but if you don't mind, I'll sport a teal ribbon too.... September was Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, but I'm aware of it year round.

agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

You're doing a great disservice to women everywhere by refusing to watch football played by men wearing bright pink.

Football played by men in bright pink is the cornerstone the crucially important mission of increasing donations to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, so they can afford to continue their noble crusade of asking us all for more donations to the Susan G. Komen foundation.
And aborting children.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.