UFO's

3,472 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BBRex
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just watched a documentary called Out of the Blue. Would love to get folks feedback. I'm still on the fence about this issue, but one thing you can't deny is that there are a lot of credible people that have some amazing stories.
Scimitar
AG
your apostrophe confuses me
tford12
AG
Theres certainly things that are difficult/impossible to explain. I've never seen anything, but my dad saw something driving home from tu back in the late '70s. He swears he was sober.

I think its certainly possible that there are aliens/ufos out there.....certainly not impossible.
But I havent seen anything I'd call legitimate evidence or proof.

Oh, and then theres this:
TexasAggie_97
AG
It seems like an awful use of space if we are the only life in the entire universe. I do believe there is other life even if it has not advanced past single cell organisms.
CoachB2
On netflix?
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
It seems like an awful use of space if we are the only life in the entire universe. I do believe there is other life even if it has not advanced past single cell organisms.

Ok Jodi foster.

But yeah. I agree
MahatmaKJeeves
Things would have to be just so for life as we know it to occur somewhere else. And even if it did, we are too doggone far away from it to ever know about it. I vote highly unlikely.
EFE
AG
After watching The Cosmos I'm led to believe that the chances are there, but are extremely small for other systems to have had similar events that led to the formation of water on our planet, at the correct distance from a central star etc.
Mozart Paintings
AG
so much fail in my post I giveup
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
After watching The Cosmos I'm led to believe that the chances are there, but are extremely small for other systems to have had similar events that led to the formation of water on our planet, at the correct distance from a central star etc.

This might change your mind.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html
Macarthur
quote:
On netflix?

Yes but I watched it on YouTube.
tford12
AG
quote:
quote:

This might change your mind.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Great read
insanediego
AG
Think about the last 100K years on Earth and we are on the verge of cloning anything. Then what about a civilization with a million or even a billion years ahead of us. Einstein would look like a dumbass. And all this reverse engineering of a downed UFO. Put an F-15 in a townsquare 500 years ago. LOL
CrottyKid
AG
I don't have 105 minutes to dedicate to this film.
VikingNik
AG
There are likely as many worlds harboring life in the universe as there are grains of sand on Earth. But the universe is really really really big.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
How big might you ask? If you made a mold of my dong and then made 7,000 exact copies of it from that mold, then placed those end to end it would not even reach halfway to the sun.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

The fact that space is infinitely big makes ANY possibility, no matter how remote, a certainty. It simultaneously makes visits by aliens incredibly unlikely.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
hell, if we dont even know half the stuff in the ocean, then Im not rulling out there's something out there.
19 inch cobra
Aliens exist. 100%.
Macarthur
quote:
hell, if we dont even know half the stuff in the ocean, then Im not rulling out there's something out there.

Good point.
Beer Baron
AG
That waitbutwhy thing is awesome. I also like the one about all your ancestors and descendants.
Madaman
Im old enough not to care anymore. UFOs are for weirdos and kids to wonder about
Post removed:
by user
Stat Monitor Repairman
Nm
Not a Bot
AG
As the one person here who is confirmed to have been abducted by aliens, I say with 100% certainty that there is extraterrestrial life.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Calling mckelvey's curse / Spyderman
AliasMan02
AG
LarLar said:

My mom is the most normal boring person in the world and she swears she has seen UFOs

Need an update on Lar's mother's sightings.
IIIHorn

The mysterious crop circles were made by UFO's

Unidentified Farming Objects
Philo B 93
Adjusted for the increase in population over the last decade, UFO and Bigfoot sightings have decreased by 91% since the mass ownership of some type of smart phone with a camera. The remaining 9% seems to not have their phones with them, or they somehow take footage that looks like a 1986 tape-based video camera.

I know aliens exist. Whoever created our planet did not COME from our planet. That means He was somewhere before that. By definition, that indicates there is/was life someplace other than Earth. I'm a Christian, but I have a hard time arguing that God wasn't by our definition an "alien" before the Earth existed. I don't usually mention this in Sunday School, but if you want to get technical.........

As far as sighting of UFOs by pilots and people driving down long, dark, lonesome highways.... I agree with Stephen Hawking. If aliens come to Earth, we're the "native Americans" in a "Columbus" scenario. Things haven't worked out well for them. And I doubt they're just buzzing by to see the excitement on planet Earth.

UTExan
You might really enjoy this:
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Win At Life
AG
A long time ago, people believed there were fire breathing dragons in distant lands. But then we went there, we found no dragons. Then we looked out at the ocean and believed there we sea monsters over the horizon. Then we sailed the seven seas and found no sea monsters. We've become much more critical thinkers now, use the scientific method and look back on past generations as superstitious simpletons.

Now we look beyond the horizon of space and believe mysterious creatures are out there just beyond our reach. Eventually, mankind will probably realize we are the only living things anywhere in the universe, adding its own meaning to both theists and atheists in different ways. And both will look back on this generation as superstitious simpletons.

There is nothing new under the sun.
Athanasius
AG
Win At Life said:

A long time ago, people believed there were fire breathing dragons in distant lands. But then we went there, we found no dragons. Then we looked out at the ocean and believed there we sea monsters over the horizon. Then we sailed the seven seas and found no sea monsters. We've become much more critical thinkers now, use the scientific method and look back on past generations as superstitious simpletons.

Now we look beyond the horizon of space and believe mysterious creatures are out there just beyond our reach. Eventually, mankind will probably realize we are the only living things anywhere in the universe, adding its own meaning to both theists and atheists in different ways. And both will look back on this generation as superstitious simpletons.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/the-god-of-the-gaps
Stat Monitor Repairman
I agree with you on that man.

If there are aliens out there, the aliens are us.
HossAg
AG
Win At Life said:

It's not physically possible for us to reach this conclusion and know we're correct.
BBRex
AG
UFOs are cool and all, but prefer Harpoon's regular beers more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.