Almost October Frugal Moms

3,237 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by G.I.Bro
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
* Apple are cheap this time of year. Stock up on them buy canning them, storing them in a cool basement, or making apple chips.
* Nuts, flour, butter, and sugar will go on sale soon. Buy and store 6-12 months of supplies to save on the higher late winter/early spring prices.
* When turkeys start going on sale in late October, buy several and freeze them to make once a month after the holidays. A 10-14 pound turkey can make several meals for a family of 3-6.
* Fall squashes are cheap, healthy, and easy to prepare. Make them a part of your weekly meal plan.
* Instead of turning up the heat when it gets cold, wear two pairs of a socks. Keeping your feet warm will stop you from getting so cold.
* Try buying chopped wood in bulk for your fireplace or woodstove. It will save you money.
* Pine cones can make wonderful tablescapes.

Out in Left Field
AG
Two pairs of socks? Who can afford that??
Ragoo
AG
you should correct typos before you click submit
Tanya 93
quote:
you should correct typos before you click submit
Thank you for your help.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Try buying chopped wood in bulk for your fireplace or woodstove. It will save you money.

a frugal person would absorb as much of the cost upon themselves as possible, buying chopped wood is outsourcing the labor to someone else.
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:
Try buying chopped wood in bulk for your fireplace or woodstove. It will save you money.

a frugal person would absorb as much of the cost upon themselves as possible, buying chopped wood is outsourcing the labor to someone else.
Okay.

I report what they post.
I Play With Guns
S
Calm
Down
Ragoo
B-1 83
AG
quote:
quote:

A really frugal person would walk the family to the homeless areas and gather around their burning trash cans. Better yet, just go to the shelters and pretend to be homeless! Free bed, free heat, free food = winning!
AggieAces06
AG
If they're not using their kids to gather and chop fire wood, then they're doing it wrong.
Chickenhawk
quote:
If they're not using their kids to gather and chop fire wood, then they're doing it wrong.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Calm
Down
Ragoo

calmer than you
ag88man
AG
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." (Henry Ford)
Tanya 93
* Repurpose 2 liter soda bottles into planters for herbs and cherry tomatoes and green onions year round.
* Combine a store coupon with a manufacturer couple for double savings.
* Keep a change jar. Cash it in every month to pay down a debt or add to savings.
* Make your own laundry detergents.
* Make your own foaming hand soap buy filling an empty foaming soap bottle about 1/4 with regular liquid soap. Add hot water until it is about an inch from the top. Add the pump and shake it to mix. Boom, a new bottle of foaming hand soap for cheap!
* Use crushed egg shells around your flower beds to add nutrients to the soil.
GoneGirl
AG
Here's one....
We're actually doing this because it's kind of fun. We saw new growth within a day. Now, whether or not we ever get any celery out of it is a totally different question.

Tanya 93
quote:
Here's one....
We're actually doing this because it's kind of fun. We saw new growth within a day. Now, whether or not we ever get any celery out of it is a totally different question.

I know people who that with celery and with lettuce.
Out in Left Field
AG
AggieBQ03
AG
quote:

Is that Vin Diesel?
B-1 83
AG
quote:
Here's one....

I do that ll the time if I have bought green onions and a few "go south". Clip the tops, plant them with their bretheren in the garden, and in a few weeks - new onions!
toucan82
somebody should tell the *****es that nobody likes pine cone anything
G.I.Bro
quote:
quote:
Calm
Down
Ragoo

calmer than you

WAVING THE ****ING GUN AROUND?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.