Question for the moms

5,147 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aries
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I opted out of drinking while pregnant. It just didn't feel right to me.
The only thing I did while pregnant was drink tea in month 8-9. I was so afraid of hurting my kiddo.
Pirate04
AG
quote:
It may be that time of the month when Pirates decks are painted red.

WOO! And thank God for that.
I Play With Guns
S
quote:
quote:
Yeay! Another thing histag can be overly defensive about all the time. We are so lucky!
nothing in this thread warrants this comment

have muah beebaah scout
Celee04
AG
This is a loaded topic and you're probably not going to get a whole lot of response from the women who did drink light to moderate amounts, likely only the ones who abstained completely or only drank 1 glass of champagne at their sister's wedding etc.

I'm not a mom, but have plenty of friends who have spawned. I know quite a few who drank 1- 2 glasses of wine per week throughout their pregnancy and their precious snowflakes turned out just fine.

There are articles all over the internet that will tell you exactly what you want to hear, regardless of your position. It's a personal decision. Do your own research and decide for yourself.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
This is a loaded topic and you're probably not going to get a whole lot of response from the women who did drink light to moderate amounts, likely only the ones who abstained completely or only drank 1 glass of champagne at their sister's wedding etc.

I'm not a mom, but have plenty of friends who have spawned. I know quite a few who drank 1- 2 glasses of wine per week throughout their pregnancy and their precious snowflakes turned out just fine.

There are articles all over the internet that will tell you exactly what you want to hear, regardless of your position. It's a personal decision. Do your own research and decide for yourself.
but then she couldn't get attention and troll at the same time. Prayers for that kid... Not because of the wine but because it's gonna have a crazy mom.
Jill
AG
quote:
quote:
Quote:I opted out of drinking while pregnant. It just didn't feel right to me.
The only thing I did while pregnant was drink tea in month 8-9. I was so afraid of hurting my kiddo.

I wouldn't drink coffee, drink alcohol, or take any pain medications. I'm sure most of that will go out the window for my second kid.
SoTheySay
S
I did occasionally - both pregnancies.
Out in Left Field
AG
What about gluten?
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

but then she couldn't get attention and troll at the same time. Prayers for that kid... Not because of the wine but because it's gonna have a crazy mom.
Are you new here? Women on the GB talk constantly about their pregnancies.

How is this any different than a guy discussing the honey he nailed or the 22 shots he did on Northgate?
AggieAces06
AG
I had a few servings of communion wine at church over the course of several months, and then two sips of wine from the hubby's glass while at a wine tasting event. None of those were more than about a tablespoon at a time.

I have had caffiene everyday (about a 1/4 to half a soda, or glass of tea) and have taken Tylenol (one pill every few hours) when my hips or back hurt too bad to move.

I'm betting this kid will be fine.
Aries
I drink a cup of coffee a day, take the appropriate Tylenol amount when needed, take other appropriate meds when needed, have lots of tea & have an adult beverage occasionally when I stopped puking all of the time (now it is just every once in a while). My doc told me to help ward off migraines to keep caffeine intake going. Cokes make me want to puke. I will probably have a little margarita tonight....

I haven't eaten cantaloupe though.
scout 7866
quote:
have muah beebaah scout

Jill
AG
quote:
I haven't eaten cantaloupe though.

Gotta watch out for that listeria.
WindowLickerAg
AG
I drink one glass of wine or beer with dinner 1-2 times a week. My husband and I did the research and are comfortable with that amount. I'm not the type of person who can't stop at one drink but if you are that type of personality it's probably best to abstain completely.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
2 glasses a week is considered 'moderate drinking'?

oh my..
Aries
Gotta draw the line at something!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.