Approx how long should 2 hits of weed stay in your system?

576,831 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
North Mayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was a bit drunk and endulged in some hippie grass that was being passed around back around 18-19 days ago. Have a drug test tomorrow. Took two pretty weak hits from a pipe. 6'3" 215lbs and lift weights and run 3-4 times a week. I feel like I am stressing out over nothing but you read all kinds of things on the internets. tia
BarnacleScraper
AG
Are you auditioning for a Spicoli role? If so, you'll be fine.

[This message has been edited by BarnacleScraper (edited 5/10/2012 12:54p).]
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Forever. You're ****ed.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You should be fine. Should be less than a week for urine and a couple of hits isn't enough to trigger a hair positive.
Tony Almeda
AG
Pee test or hair test? Just pull the ol "I was at a radio head concert" bit.
AgAllStar91
You'll need to tape a ziploc bag of your piss to your leg and use that. It's your only way. Good luck.
Beer Baron
AG
IP confirmed. I've alerted the FBI as to your whereabouts.
FNG
You could be busted.

When I took training for that sort of thing (used to take people to drug tests at my former employer) I was taught that 30 days can be the expected duration you will test positive for weed.

How do you know you have a test tomorrow? Pre-employment? Condition of probation or parole?

If it's a random, your company has a really lax and terrible drug program.

quote:
How Long Can Marijuana Be Detected?
Some THC metabolites have an elimination half-life of 20 hours. However, some are stored in body fat and have a elimination half-life of 10 to 13 days. Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days.
However, there is anecdotal evidence that the length of time that marijuana remains in the body is affected by how often the person smokes, how much he smokes and how long he has been smoking. Regular smokers have reported positive drug test results after 45 days since last use and heavy smokers have reported positive tests 90 days after quitting.

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuana_test.htm
Tony Almeda
AG
RUN MAN!!
CDUB98
AG
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
phatbc
You should be ok if you don't do it on the reg
North Mayne
AG
quote:
Regular smokers have reported positive drug test results after 45 days since last use and heavy smokers have reported positive tests 90 days after quitting.

Haven't smoked in 2+ years prior to this. Oh well, it was pretty stupid...fingers crossed. May buy a home test this evening.
North Mayne
AG
quote:
IP confirmed. I've alerted the FBI as to your whereabouts.

Thanks, i need help and this may be the only way.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Do you know when they are giving the test? If you do mix 1 box of certo (get it at Kroger) with a jug of gatorade. Drink it fast. Drink water for the next 2 hours (maybe a gallon). Then for the next few hours you will be pissing straight water.

If you don't know well then you may be f***ed
North Mayne
AG
First thing tomorrow morning.
ac04
you'll be fine
Human
AG
I have a buddy in DFW that is looking to unload some killa ganja if anyone is interested...

And I mean killa...!!
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Buy a home-test kit and figure it out for yourself beforehand so you don't have to keep worrying.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NeuroticAg
AG
quote:
When I took training for that sort of thing (used to take people to drug tests at my former employer) I was taught that 30 days can be the expected duration you will test positive for weed.

That's mostly only for people who smoke more often. If he hasn't smoked previously for two years, he should be OK.
TheHappyCouch-potato
I have a good friend who is now an M.D. In the summer of 1991 we were undergrads, and his father (also a Dr.) got him a job at a local hospital. We smoked up the night before he had his drug test.

He soaked his finger tips in clorox just before the test and made sure that his urine stream went into his finger tips, passing the bleach into the sample. He promptly washed his hands afterwards, and he passed the test. Take that for what it's worth.

FYI, THC is stored in your body fat. The amount in your urine depends on your metabolism and how much you smoked, which determines how much went into your fat cells.

[This message has been edited by TheHappyCouch-potato (edited 5/10/2012 1:25p).]
North Mayne
AG
quote:
Buy a home-test kit and figure it out for yourself beforehand so you don't have to keep worrying.

this is what i'm thinking. thanks for the few serious responses.
NeuroticAg
AG
Depending on the company who performs your employer's drug tests, they are going to be far more sensitive than a home-test.
ac04
agreed, make sure you compliment them on their hair or something.
GetThoseKeysMilo
quote:
Do you know when they are giving the test? If you do mix 1 box of certo (get it at Kroger) with a jug of gatorade. Drink it fast. Drink water for the next 2 hours (maybe a gallon). Then for the next few hours you will be pissing straight water.

The tests they run can easily tell if the urine has been diluted. Some labs will send the report back to the employer as "positive-dilute."
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:
agreed, make sure you compliment them on their hair or something.

I laughed! Spit my soup out damn you!
El Tigre
you're fine, don't even stress about it
Ags-R-Better
bake up some hemp/poppy seed muffins, test positive for opium and ganja (would hemp trigger anything on a drug test?[/drug virgin])...profit??
Disarmer
AG
You're fine. THC is stored in fat cells. By exercising every day, you burn those fat cells which accellerates the rate at which it is expelled from your body. That, plus it was only two hits.

The main factors of weed staying in your body are: Amount of body fat, how often you burn body fat, and how much you smoked.

Two hits would be out of most people's system in a matter of 2-3 days. Some heavy users can be detected in piss tests 6 months later. If you haven't smoked recently and only took 2 hits, I'd bet a lot of money you'll be clean.

At home test can never hurt though. Also, drink a good amount of water before you go in. It will dilute your piss, which makes the concentration of THC seem less (You only test positive if the concentration of THC is high enough).

Worst case with dilution is they say your piss is diluted and you have to go back and take another test, giving you longer to get rid of it.

Wow that was a lot of pretty unnecessary typing. Oops.

[This message has been edited by Disarmer (edited 5/10/2012 2:09p).]
I Like Turtles
AG
You are fine...If you are not a habitual smoker, weed will be out of your system in 3-5 days.
mpaggie06
AG
Depends on if it was laced with PCP.

[This message has been edited by mpaggie06 (edited 5/10/2012 2:14p).]
Tony Almeda
AG
quote:
The tests they run can easily tell if the urine has been diluted. Some labs will send the report back to the employer as "positive-dilute."

That should buy you an extra couple of days
North Mayne
AG
quote:
Depends on if it was laced with PCP.

It was definitely fry that i smoked, but pretty sure PCP is out of the system in a matter of days. I STAY wet bruhh.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Milo,

That has been used for probation tests and multiple tests for jobs (not by me, of course). They normally only test for things like ultimate gold and other cover ups
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
someone once told me that niacin flushes out your system, but in reality I think it just makes you break out in hives and want to rip your skin off
El Tigre
niacin works, kind of. a friend of mine took a bunch of niacin and drank a lot of juice the day before a piss test for a job and the test didn't pick up any thc, but the test results showed he used a masking agent so the results were inconclusive. the company he was going to work for let him take another piss test after the results came back and he passed the second time and got the job.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.