I just leave someone a voicemail

1,484 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Tagguy
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
..a person that I don't know...

and I said "holler back at me"

wtf was I thinking? /facepalm

edit: subject spelling/grammar fail as well. geez, gonna be one of those days.

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 11/17/2011 9:05a).]
COOL LASER FALCON
Voicemail diarrhea mouth is a very serious condition affecting over 60% of adults. I once told a person I had never met "it was good seeing you last night". I also once started a voicemail "Hey, I'm good, thanks".
p1 Claire
AG
I suffer from this disorder in a bad way. I have had to leave several messages in the past couple of days for parents about my son's birthday party and I swear I have hung up every call thinking "wtf did I just say".
bmc13
AG
quote:
I once told a person I had never met "it was good seeing you last night". I also once started a voicemail "Hey, I'm good, thanks".
bmc13
AG
quote:
I swear I have hung up every call thinking "wtf did I just say".

p1
TX_Contractor
Specifically, did you say 'holler back at me' or 'holla back at me' ?
Beer Baron
AG
This is especially embarrassing if the person isn't a hollaback gurrrrl.
AustinBQ02
AG
You might be ok still depending on the age of the recipient. The latest trend is to completely ignore voicemails in favor of texting.
NeuroticAg
AG
Maybe you people should actually use your brains once in a while.
TX_Contractor
I don't leave voicemails and I don't take voicemails. I have never set that 'feature' up.

As S---mydadsays -
'Why would i want to check a voicemail on my cell phone? People want to talk to me, call again. If i want to talk to you, I'll answer.'
TX_Contractor
quote:
Maybe you people should actually use your brains

What do you mean 'you people'?

Naked Hiker
AG
My buddy left a voicemail with a businessman in Fla and inexplicably ended it, "In Jesus name, amen"
PJD Ag 10
AG
"Hey Peter, it's Syndey Klaven."

[This message has been edited by PJD Ag 10 (edited 11/17/2011 10:29a).]
Celee04
AG
quote:
My buddy left a voicemail with a businessman in Fla and inexplicably ended it, "In Jesus name, amen"

allsome. Prolly thought the mormons were getting lazy. Did the guy call him back?
Naked Hiker
AG
Yeah, he said it was even worse because the guy didn't mention it when he returned the call.
Poptartin
quote:
Uh, didn't know if you wanted to get together for maybe a frozen yogurt sometime, or maybe even a whole meal of food if that'd be agreeable. Stupid.
Celee04
AG
quote:
Yeah, he said it was even worse because the guy didn't mention it when he returned the call.

Crazy. I can't believe he didn't start the follow up call with:

"What the *****was up with that Jesus bidness you been spittin at my inbox brah?"
Beer Baron
AG
A coworker of mine ended a voicemail to an outside party with a very sweet "I love you" once.
Tagguy
AG
I think they should all end with a quick but hushed "I loved you" with an immediate hang up.
Beer Baron
AG
I end all my work voicemails with a sultry "you look so beautiful when you're sleeping."
AustinBQ02
DCC99
AG
quote:
I think they should all end with a quick but hushed "I loved you" with an immediate hang up.

Pretty sure I've gotten one of those on a work call. It's kind of like when you're little, and you call your teacher "mommy." My wife gets offended when our 5 year old calls her "Mrs. (teacher's name)." I just laugh.
Phil Garner
I've said "love you" before. I brought it up later and laughed at myself after mentioning I had just talked to my wife on the phone and did it out of habit.

I'm also well known for leaving rediculously long voicemails and apologizing for it while still leaving the voicemail....which prolongs the email further. Horrible, but funny to those I know well.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
This was one of the most horrifying things to watch

quote:
Mike: "Hi, uh, Nikki, this is Mike. I met you at the, um, at the Dresden tonight. I just called to say that I had a great time... and you should call me tomorrow, or in two days, whatever. Anyway, my number is 213-555-4679" -
[the machine beeps]

[Mike calls back, the machine picks up]
"Hi, Nikki, this is Mike again. I just called cuz it sounded like your machine might've cut me off when I, before I finished leaving my number. Anyway, uh, and, y'know, and also, sorry to call so late, but you were still at the Dresden when I left so I knew I'd get your machine. Anyhow, uh, my number's 21 -"
[the machine beeps]

[Mike calls back; the machine picks up again]
"213-555-4679. That's it. I just wanna leave my number. I didn't want you to think I was weird or desperate, or... we should just hang out and see where it goes cuz it's nice and, y'know, no expectations. Ok? Thanks a lot. Bye bye. "
[hangs up]

"I just got out of a 6-year relationship, Ok? That should help explain why I'm acting so weird. I just wanted you to know that. It's not you, it's me. I'm sorry... This is Mike."
[hangs up]

"Hi, Nikki, this is Mike. Could you just call me when you get in? I'm gonna be up for awhile and I'd just rather speak to you in person instead of trying to fit it all into" -
[the machine beeps]

"****!"

[Mike calls back, gets the machine again]
"Uh, Nikki? Mike. It's uh, uh, it's just, uh, this just isn't working out. I think you're great, but maybe we should just take some time off from each other. It's not you, it's me. It's what I'm going through, alright? It's uh... it's only been 6 months ..."

Nikki: "Mike?"

Mike: "Nikki? Great! Did you just walk in or were you listening all along? "

Nikki: "Don't ever call me again."
[hangs up]

Mike: "Wow. I guess you're home."

Beer Baron
AG
Or you could just do what my mother does and just say everything you planned to say had I answered your call.
bmc13
AG
swingers
COOL LASER FALCON
That's one of my favorite scenes in movie history.
The Captain 04
Want to tell me something in three weeks? Leave me a voicemail today!
p1 Claire
AG
I have learned that once my voicemail gets full, it actually starts erasing itself. I have gone from 20 unheard messages to 14. Yay.
bmc13
AG
p1
The Captain 04
Mine was at 56 the last time and I just deleted everything.
Naked Hiker
AG
I have a friend that will delete your number from her phone if she gets a voicemail from you. She thinks it's the worst thing you could ever do to a person. Luckily, I only talk on the phone for work.
El Tigre
I've forgotten to hang up, then set the phone down while it is recording a message and then started singing withe radio. Luckily it was a friend so she didn't think it was an unusual message coming from me.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
I end all my work voicemails with a sultry "you look so beautiful when you're sleeping."

I am definitely going to use this one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.