anyone ever had vertigo?

6,148 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by G.I.Bro
xhippieliberalx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is there any way to make it more bearable other than motion sickness drugs?
Homeslice
ARE DRUGS YOUR ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING?
xhippieliberalx
AG
this question is not for me homie dummy
p1 Claire
AG
I have it bad...to the point to where I've been hospitalized and had MRIs and such. I haven't found anything that works for me, not even the drugs, except finding out which direction makes it worse when you turn our head, then avoid that. For example, if I laid down and turned my head to my left, I would feel like I was spinning off the bed. Also, drinking alcohol makes it worse. Mine comes in spurts, usually lasts a week or so at a time then goes away for a few months. Maybe yours will go away soon! Sorry to hear you're having it, I'm miserable with it because I get sooo unbelievably sick to my stomach.
99CentBeer
Close your eyes and take a shot of tequila.
gambochaman
AG
my MIL suffered from this and only the meds will help

try googling it and see what other people have used
xhippieliberalx
AG
it's actually the SO that's having trouble with it. he took a nap yesterday afternoon and has had it since he woke up from it. he called into work today because he didn't feel like getting out of bed. i've never had it or known anyone who did, but i thought maybe someone might have some suggestions to make it better. apparently he's been to the dr about it before, and it's not a sign of anything more severe. just wish i could be of more help to him.
Tree Hugger
AG
no vertigo, but heights have really started to freak me out the last few years
99CentBeer
Wait, hippie found herself a SO? This is news to me.
p1 Claire
AG
Unfortunately, there's probably not. If he doesn't want to go to the doctor, he can keep trying Dramamine...it's just another version of the meclazine (sp?) the docs prescribe. Other than that, I would suggest him staying in bed, but sitting up instead of laying down. It's usually an ear problem and seems to have to go away on its own.
xhippieliberalx
AG
quote:
no vertigo, but heights have really started to freak me out the last few years

i don't even like climbing ladders. i'd really like to go skydiving, though.
NeuroticAg
AG
Marijuana make help with vertigo.
xhippieliberalx
AG
thanks, p1. i'll pick up some dramamine for him and see if it'll help.
xhippieliberalx
AG
quote:
Marijuana make help with vertigo.

if it were me, i'd already be smoking. the boy cannot.
NeuroticAg
AG
Maybe he's nauseous from you calling him "the boy".
xhippieliberalx
AG
well people are giving me crap for saying "SO" as well. wtf do you people want from me?!
p1 Claire
AG
quote:
Maybe he's nauseous from you calling him "the boy".

I've just heard straw do that, not hippie.
Homeslice
i don't think it's the names you use so much as the way you incorporate him into every one of your posts. we're all very happy for you, but we get it already. xoxo
99CentBeer
I think you should call him cupcake.
xhippieliberalx
AG
quote:
i don't think it's the names you use so much as the way you incorporate him into every one of your posts. we're all very happy for you, but we get it already. xoxo

he was not in my albums to fall asleep to thread, tyvm. lolpwned
xhippieliberalx
AG
quote:
I think you should call him cupcake.

what about love muffin?
straw
Sitting up is the only thing that has helped me.
Know Your Enemy
AG
UNO
DOS
TRES
CATORCE
NeuroticAg
AG
quote:
he was not in my albums to fall asleep to thread, tyvm. lolpwned

If he were better in bed, this would be moot.
Damien Thorn
Tell him to stop thinking good thoughts and the vertigo will go away.
xhippieliberalx
AG
i don't stay at his place on nights when i workout in the morning. he lives further away from my gym than i do.
Post removed:
by user
xhippieliberalx
AG
**** bono
Tree Hugger
AG
you should call him "the rib donor"
xhippieliberalx
AG
TH...the term "rib" seems to imply a higher level of commitment than i am currently willing to place on the relationship.
Hagen95
AG
mmmmm ribs.

BostonAg74
I've had several vertigo attacks over the past 20 years or so. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. For me, the worst part is the nausea, which can be controlled by medication. However, the thing that distinguishes this nausea from other nausea (until you take the medication) is that there is no relief after you throw up. Constant dry heaves until the medication kicks in.

After an attack, it takes about a month for the dizziness to go away completely, but that's just for me. It's different with everyone. The dizziness is weird, too. When you walk, it feels like the room is moving after every step you take. If you move your head too quickly from side to side, EVERYTHING spins and briefly, you literally cannot tell which end is up.

My doctor told me that vertigo has different causes with different people, but in my case, it appears that my ear canal is unusually narrow, which makes me more susceptible to vertigo whenever I have a virus.

To my knowledge, the medication for vertigo relieves only the nausea. The dizziness has to go away on its own.
Lulz monkey
i get vertigo. it majorly sucks. i don't get sick to my stomach, but it's debilitating when it hits. when i'm going through a spell even walking too close to the rail on the second level of a mall gets me.
p1 Claire
AG
quote:
**** bono

It's Buno.
p1 Claire
AG
quote:
but it's debilitating when it hits.

Yes... I have almost put my head through a plateglass display case in a library before (went there to research the vertigo!!) just from walking. I was doing okay, then just suddenly lost my balance and fell over. It's the worst for me when laying down though... I will hold on to the headboard as if I'm about to spin off of it, while to everyone else, I am just laying there normally. Strangest thing ever.

Plus, there are two types of vertigo...the first is when you feel like the room is spinning around you but you're still, then there is the type where you feel like you are the one spinning. As far as I can tell I have experienced both, but the sensation that I'm the one spinning is most common for me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.