Men's Tennis names Volunteer Assistant Coach

1,710 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SlickRick
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://12thman.com/news/2016/9/14/mens-tennis-meyers-named-volunteer-assistant-coach.aspx
Raven
S
Good man and great teacher. Nice addition to the staff.
SA68AG
AG
Looks like a really solid hire. His teaching and coaching experience helps offset some of what we lost when Bob retired.
SlickRick
Don't quite understand all of the good hire talk. It is a non paid job. Anyways, pretty hilarious when the zero salary coach has a 100 times better resume than the paid assistant.
Raven
S
Rick: Do you really believeKevin worked here all these years for no money.The term volunteer assistant is a title, but I can assure you they are very well paid. I know you know this, as long as you have been around this game.
SlickRick
I've been around long enough to know that you love all things Steve Denton, but I don't know how a volunteer is paid. Please let me in on your little secret.
Raven
S
Rick: I was an A&M tennis fan long before Coach Denton arrived in College Station. I support all of our players and coaches in whatever sport they play. I don't for one minute believe you don't know how the volunteer coaches system works, and on the off chance you do not, then I don't think it's my job to educate you. It is not any secrete how it operates and it is basically the same throughout Division 1 tennis.
I certainly respect your love of the game and believe we both want the best for Aggie tennis.
Harry Dunne
It seems like you guys are implying that there is some under the table stuff going on, but volunteer assistant coaches can be legally paid to work and run camps. It is the same at every school and in other sports like baseball that have volunteer assistants.

I would say well-paid is a big exaggeration. I do think the volunteer assistant at A&M probably makes more than the paid assistant at a smaller school, but I think it's in the $40-60k range. Not exactly Nick Saban money but a decent living for a guy who wears shorts and claps for a living.
RebAg13
AG
Camp money
SlickRick
Interesting! I did not know that.
RebAg13
AG
quote:
Interesting! I did not know that.

My general assumption is you know nothing
SlickRick
Perhaps you didn't get the wink. It was sarcasm. Reborn must have been born yesterday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.