Tickets to Wimbledon

763 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by silvey77
Dr.Rumack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does one go about getting some at a modest rate. I see plenty of package deals, but would rather sleep on a friend's couch and see more matches. Going rate for semis and finals seems to start in the $1000 range.

Anybody have any experience/advice?
bigfoot10s
AG
What time in the tournament are you going? If early in first week, get a grounds pass. You'll see most of the top players outside the main courts anyways.
silvey77
AG

I have been to Wimbledon during the first week of the fortnight, if you want great seats at a good price get there EARLY and get in the line (que) There will even be people sleeping in tents overnight like a good Aggie trying to get the best pull for the football game. I was able to sit front row on centre court twice from the que, but also advise getting a grounds pass and seeing various great tennis on all the courts. I actually found the doubles to be more exciting than the singles and the women more exciting than the men at Wimbledon specifically because the court is fast and the ball stays low. You can watch an entire men's singles match without seeing a rally of more than 6 or 7 shots in the early rounds as the high ranked players win solely on serves and returns.

Just a thought.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.