Simone Manuel!

2,271 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hdrydor
roboag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To say that I'm excited that Simone won the gold is an understatement! 9 years ago, Simone's Mom was the first "fellow" African-American swim parent I had ever met. And we'd run into each other when our daughters (same age) swam at TAGS. We have been looking forward to this race for years!
MROD92
SA68AG
akm91
AG
What an outstanding representative for Team USA!

AggieDave02
AG81xx
AG
And you weren't able to talk her daughter into going to A&M?
mullokmotx
AG
Seems like quite a few of the American women swimmers go to or went to Stanford. How did Stanford do at the NCAA's?
DallasAg 94
quote:
Seems like quite a few of the American women swimmers go to or went to Stanford. How did Stanford do at the NCAA's?
They are usually one of the Top 3-4 teams - Auburn, Stanford, Georgia and Cal.

They finished out of the Top 10, this year. I think that was mainly because many of their top swimmers didn't compete in NCAA, in order to prepare for the Olympics.

Katie Ledecky, for instance...
hellcat9
AG
Dallas Ag, you could have included us in the top 4 usual suspects. 10 years in the top 10, 5/10, 4th. Last four years, we have been 4th.
Look Out Below
AG
Hellcat beat me to it. Auburn is a shell of their former self and we have stepped into that spot very well the last four years.

Stanford was a DQ'd relay away from winning NCAA's for the first time in quite a long time this past March -- and that was without Manuel and Ledecky. Now they will have both. #yikes
halco87
Stanford also gets Kassidy Cook back from an Olympic redshirt in diving.
roboag
AG
Haven't heard good things about Auburn's swim coach...
hdrydor
AG
Simone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.