****Official 15-16 Dallas Stars Season Thread****

333,111 Views | 4862 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Out in Left Field
Out in Left Field
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New season, new thread.

The Stars open their promising campaign at home against the Pens on Thursday, October 8.

Can't wait!
Kashchei
AG
Kashchei
AG
Four-Year Contract Extension for Ginger Ninja

Me likey
Out in Left Field
joshuar2010
AG
Holy crap! There are Stars fans on TexAgs! I look forward to this thread this season! It's going to be a good year if they can stay healthy and the young defensive can continue to improve!
joshuar2010
AG
*defensemen
Boats and Hose
AG
Can't wait. Hoping I can make it up to a few games this year.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
Can't wait. Hoping I can make it up to a few games this year.

Glad to see some new "faces" on this thread! BTW, love the handle, Hose.
Boats and Hose
AG
Thanks! I'm looking forward to being able to share my thoughts and excitement/frustrations with some fellow fans who actually understand hockey and the organization. Not too many Stars fans in Houston that I can talk with.
Danther37
AG
Welcome to Aggie Stars fans Anonymous.....hi my name is Danther and I have an addiction to this team that gets so close every year but always leaves me face down in the gutter. Yet I still keep coming back.....

bmcghee03
AG
Haven't ever participated in this thread either but I've been a Stars fan since '96. Finally pulled the trigger on a 10 game plan this year, can't wait for opening night!
Boats and Hose
AG
quote:
Haven't ever participated in this thread either but I've been a Stars fan since '96. Finally pulled the trigger on a 10 game plan this year, can't wait for opening night!
Man if I still lived in Dallas I would pull the trigger on a 10 game plan too. I'm lucky enough if I can make it to 3 games a season.
Out in Left Field
AG
quote:
quote:
Man if I still lived in Dallas I would pull the trigger on a 10 game plan too. I'm lucky enough if I can make it to 3 games a season.
I'm usually good for Thanksgiving and a couple around Christmas, and hopefully April this year!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Man y'all jumped the gun on the thread this year. But media day starts today so hockey is just a few weeks away!
HockeyAg07
AG
Hey I'm thinking about cutting cable soon. But I do love watching the stars. It looks like there is a couple of guys that put the full games on YouTube the day after. Do any of y'all have tried and true ways of watching games online or anything? Tia.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
Hey I'm thinking about cutting cable soon. But I do love watching the stars. It looks like there is a couple of guys that put the full games on YouTube the day after. Do any of y'all have tried and true ways of watching games online or anything? Tia.

I live outside of Texas so I can't get FSSW or TXA21. Last season I purchased NHL Gamecenter to follow my Stars. I HIGHLY recommend it. I was able to see every game (although you better have a fast internet connection to stream it!) You can download it via Roku, Apple TV, a smart TV, etc. You might have to research to see what equipment you have and if it is compatible.

Last season I paid about $160 and got every team. Recently the NHL was sued over content rights or something and has started offering single-team packages for $110. I just re-upped my subscription this weekend and chose the Stars-only option.

You can do almost anything a DVR can do as well such as pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc. which is great when you need to get up and get another beer. Again, I highly highly recommend it.
bmcghee03
AG
quote:
quote:

I live outside of Texas so I can't get FSSW or TXA21. Last season I purchased NHL Gamecenter to follow my Stars. I HIGHLY recommend it. I was able to see every game (although you better have a fast internet connection to stream it!) You can download it via Roku, Apple TV, a smart TV, etc. You might have to research to see what equipment you have and if it is compatible.

Last season I paid about $160 and got every team. Recently the NHL was sued over content rights or something and has started offering single-team packages for $110. I just re-upped my subscription this weekend and chose the Stars-only option.

You can do almost anything a DVR can do as well such as pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc. which is great when you need to get up and get another beer. Again, I highly highly recommend it.

I would be careful with this option depending on where you live. I chose to do this when they first introduced it in College and I had to get a refund. I could be wrong or it could have changed but essentially if you are in the FSSW market you are blacked out from most of the games on the web.

So even while living in CS, if they were showing Mavs or Rockets on the Fox Sports channel I was still blacked out from watching the game online...

I'm sure it is awesome living out of state though!
Kashchei
AG
Right! Be sure you are out of the Stars' cable range. Otherwise you are SOL for that option! Are you still in San Diego? They may block the Stars vs Kings and Ducks, but you should be able to watch the opponents' feed at a bar or something.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:

Last year while in the dorm I just used bootleg streams on sketchy websites. It wasn't great but it got the job done. As others have suggested, if you're out of the Stars market get NHL Gamecenter
HockeyAg07
AG
Nope no longer in San Diego. Back in DFW now. Thanks for the ideas.
drhockey14
AG
Preseason tonight!
CampingAg
AG
Got two tickets to opening night for my birthday.
Kashchei
AG
Somebody on this thread may or may not be going to the preseason game tomorrow...
Boats and Hose
AG
5-0 at the end of the 2nd? I know it's only preseason but come on boys.
bmcghee03
AG
I think NHL preseason is worth less than even the NFL preseason....
Kashchei
AG

Michael Cera Palin
AG
Awesome pics! Must have been brutal to sit through though
Kashchei
AG
Alright, time for some analysis from someone who was actually at the game!

Firstly, I wouldn't panic. I am as big a worrier as anyone, but our lineup consisted of mostly prospects and scrubs. The only true "stars" we had out there were Lehtonen, Val, and Spezza. You could tell when Spezza and Val were on the ice, but all the Blues had to do was shut them down, and they did.

Yes, Kari had a rough game. He didn't look good by any stretch of the imagination, but he was also left out to dry by his Dmen ALOT! Hoping most of it was rust.

You could tell when Spezza and Nuke were on the ice. Their talent level just exceeded any other Stars (and most Blues). Spezza surprised with some flashes of brilliance, but the Stars could never cash in.

The Blues' top line of Backes, Steen, and Tarasenko carved up the Stars all night. When Jordie is your best defenseman that's going to happen... Stars had little offensive presence this game and could get absolutely nothing going off the rush.

Oleksiak was unimpressive as usual. Johns looked meh. Jordie did alright. I noticed Elie. Most of the rest of the team was a whole bag of 'meh'.

I had a lot of fun at the game, but can't imagine many on the ice making the final roster.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:
but our lineup consisted of mostly prospects and scrubs
When I saw the final score I pretty much assumed this. I did have a mini way too early and unnecessary freakout when I saw Kari was the one in goal though
Baby Billy
AG
Who's doing the play by play this year?
jdgilberg
AG
Dave Strader

Here's an article from June about his history: Dave Strader

In other news, Ruff announced today that Benn and Hemsky are planning on playing tomorrow. Sounds like they are recovering nicely!

Kashchei
AG
My bold season prediction: Stars will reach the Western Conference Finals this year.

Next year they win the Cup. Book it Danno.
rather be fishing
AG
I've been bleached it on preseason games so far. Have they scored a single goal yet?
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
I've been bleached it on preseason games so far. Have they scored a single goal yet?
Mobile text prediction made that all out of wack.

Should read:

I've been blacked out on all preseason games so far, have they scored a single goal yet?

I realize it's about the same as spring training for MLB, but there seems to be a huge differential in goals for/against.
bmcghee03
AG
The goal tending is the only thing I'm concerned about going into the regular season.

They've scored some goals and it sounds like Sharp is fitting in well and Spezza looks really good so far. The story of preseason has been this Mattias Janmark kid. They thought he would need one more year of development in Sweden (he has a contract with Frolunda so he wouldn't play in the AHL. Just NHL or Sweden). Sounds like he's been too good to let go. Might make McKenzie start this year in the AHL...
Last Page
Page 1 of 139

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.