- A head-to-head win over LSU, yes. A key commit in the defensive backfield, too. Yet, the Aggies' latest addition is important because Roney Elam is a strong get — but he's not even as good yet as he will be.
- One of the Aggie staff's top defensive back targets made the call on Friday, feeling a strong relationship with the coaches and a chance to hit the field from day one. Roney Elam senses the A&M defense's path.
- It came down to a choice between SEC rivals Texas A&M and LSU — and Kevin Sumlin's staff prevailed. On Friday 2015 Newton star Roney Elam chose the Aggies, marking a needed cornerback commit in the class.
- Pads haven't gone on yet, but in limited action the competition across each positional group appears heated. The Aggies made an early impression on several fronts, but Liucci notes the best is yet to come.
- The 2016 Beaumont Central running back seems to be the top target at the position on the A&M staff's board — a feeling that is now mutual. Citing the SEC among many other factors, he's named a leader.
- The Aggies haven't reached out to the 2016 West Mesquite wide receiver, but other SEC programs have. Would sudden and increased interest from the A&M staff draw the 6-4, high-potential junior's attention?
- Texas A&M's recruiting momentum has spilled into the 2016 class, an endeavor bolstered on Thursday by the revelation of the Aggies' breath-taking facilities. But will elite '16 WR Devin Duvernay follow? Well...
- One of the top 10 players in Texas' junior class is an Aggie. The elite cornerback made the call to Kevin Sumlin and his staff on Friday, joining 2016 overall No. 1 Greg Little on A&M's early commitment list.
- Speculation surrounded the 2015 MGCCC safety's possible early enrollment, but the plan for Evans' ascension to the D-I ranks is complicated. Still, a strong weekend visit to Aggieland solidified his decision.