Watching

1,255 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jkag89
g1gg3m
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a baseball expert and I have really enjoyed this season but the insane amount of strikes on first pitches has been extremely noticeable. Throw it over the plate with the first pitch and it's almost always a strike.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”

-John Wayne
greg.w.h
AG
g1gg3m said:

I'm not a baseball expert and I have really enjoyed this season but the insane amount of strikes on first pitches has been extremely noticeable. Throw it over the plate with the first pitch and it's almost always a strike.
Within a couple of inches of the strike zone in all directions…
astros4545
AG
g1gg3m said:

That's the funny thing about throwing it over the plate

Very often they are strikes
Tobias Funke
AG
g1gg3m
AG
If you have been following Aggie baseball you would know the offense this season takes strikes on the first pitch at an incredibly high rate. I think you already knew this…

-John Wayne
g1gg3m
AG
If they throw it over the plate, swing the bat…. The Ags are not making an attempt on the first pitch. I know I am over simplifying this but it's been noticeable in every game I have been able to watch this season.

-John Wayne
Daniel Plainview
g1gg3m said:

Obviously you're not a college baseball follower…

The SEC west is not a big deal…
Daniel Plainview
Daniel Plainview said:

g1gg3m said:

Obviously you're not a college baseball follower…

The division title doesn't matter…

BLSmith04
AG
Yeah this wears me out. We're just giving the opposing pitcher 0-1 almost every at bat. They're just throwing fastballs down the middle like it's a 3-0 count. We should be mashing those until they adjust. Why do we have the red light on a 0-0 count?
AG
BLSmith04 said:

Yeah this wears me out. We're just giving the opposing pitcher 0-1 almost every at bat. They're just throwing fastballs down the middle like it's a 3-0 count. We should be mashing those until they adjust. Why do we have the red light on a 0-0 count?

We also walk the most of any team in the nation. It's not like there isn't a strategic game being played here. Sometimes it's frustrating, usually it works.
jkag89
Tobias Funke said:

g1gg3m said:

Your thread title is garbage and it's impossible to tell if you're talking to the offense or defense. Good Lord be better please
The OP must post mostly on F16. That form is riffe with ambiguous and inexact thread titles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.