Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Friend of mine just learned about The Hit

4,638 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Aggie Class of 2026
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got this text from an old friend of mine. She's not a huge sports fan.

"Randomly learned of "The Hit" between A&M and TCU today. I have worked with Kyle McPherson for years. Had no idea. "

Told her to ask him how his jaw was.
SBISA Victim
AG
I wonder if he and Buckley are friends now.
12thMan9
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

"Randomly learned of "The Hit" between A&M and TCU today. I have worked with Kyle McPherson for years. Had no idea. "

Did you tell her he probably still has no idea either?
Ronnie '88
AG
SBISA Victim said:

Pretty sure it was Greg Hill that put a cap in that m***** f*****.
Meximan
SBISA Victim said:

On a srsly note I do believe Coryatt doesn't like hearing about The Hit anymore (makes him feel kinda bad in retrospect) and McPherson would rather not have to hear about it for the umpteenth time (and understandably so)
Know Your Enemy
AG
Meximan said:

SBISA Victim said:

On a srsly note I do believe Coryatt doesn't like hearing about The Hit anymore (makes him feel kinda bad in retrospect) and McPherson would rather not have to hear about it for the umpteenth time (and understandably so)

So I shouldn't ask her to have him sign a picture of The Hit for me?
Aggie Class of 2026
Know Your Enemy said:

I'm fairly certain McPherson is still salty over that play.
Nino Brown
You mean he lived? Had no freaking clue he made it.

Nino Brown
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I'm fairly certain McPherson is still salty over that play.

Should still be salty to the stupid sob that threw it to him
aeon-ag
Meximan said:

SBISA Victim said:

Hell I don't like hearing about it either!!! This forum and all the little boys who think they are witty and cute have run the hit in the ground. IT HAS GOTTEN OLD!!!!!
The Zookeeper
AG
Just watched it again on this thread for the "umpteenth" time .... (it never gets old)
45-70Ag
AG
I work with a guy who played for tcu and in the nfl for several years. He said that hit is the hardest he's ever seen.
TxAg76
AG
aeon-ag said:

Meximan said:

SBISA Victim said:

Hell I don't like hearing about it either!!! This forum and all the little boys who think they are witty and cute have run the hit in the ground. IT HAS GOTTEN OLD!!!!!

Odd that Coryatt would care.
But what does Buckley think of it, all these years later?
Bryant03
AG
Buckley broke that dudes mouth in like 15 places. Best WC highlight ever.
saw em off
Can someone remind me of the history of how Buckley became associated with The Hit? Did it start as one of those "Vore", "We Tonight" type threads?
TxAg76
AG
saw em off said:

Can someone remind me of the history of how Buckley became associated with The Hit? Did it start as one of those "Vore", "We Tonight" type threads?

Yes, inside joke. Legendary thread.
jr15aggie
AG
As much as I Ioved that stuff back in the day... man the wrecking crew defenses were animals... I'm glad that kind of head hunting is not a part of the game anymore.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TxAg76 said:

saw em off said:

Yes, inside joke. Legendary thread.

Unfortunately that joke ceased being funny a decade or so ago but people keep beating the dead horse.
Gilligan
AG
The Zookeeper said:

Just watched it again on this thread for the "umpteenth" time .... (it never gets old)

I watched it several more times again. I am old and I liked it when a pass over the middle was dangerous.

~former linebacker that used to hunt heads!
AWP 97
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Does Rule #1 still exist?
_mpaul
AG
jr15aggie said:

As much as I Ioved that stuff back in the day... man the wrecking crew defenses were animals... I'm glad that kind of head hunting is not a part of the game anymore.
Agreed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AWP 97 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Does Rule #1 still exist?

You want a pic of Kyle McPherson? Weird.
NoahAg
Meximan said:

SBISA Victim said:

Yeah I'm sure. It was a brutal dirty hit.
Aggie Class of 2026
NoahAg said:

Meximan said:

SBISA Victim said:

Noah, go to NBA forum
Tbrown1021
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

NoahAg said:

Meximan said:

SBISA Victim said:

Noah, go to NBA forum
Coryatt indeed doesn't enjoy hearing about it. Randomly meeting him one night while I was bartending in Grapevine. In the moment he loved it, but in retro he doesn't feel it deserves the lore that it has. He said if it was a hit like when A****er took out Okoyi, that would be worth celebrating. Not a small WR that didn't see it coming. But understands why Aggies love it.
William_C_G
AG
saw em off said:

If memory serves, somebody (maybe SeeUNkyle) in this forum hotly and repeatedly insisted Buckley made the hit. When humiliated by the truth, he disappeared.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Was your friend raised in North Korea?
Everyone knows about The Hit. Heck, some parts of Texas have it mentioned in their Texas History curriculum.
Aggie Class of 2026
VatoLocoAggie said:

Was your friend raised in North Korea?
Everyone knows about The Hit. Heck, some parts of Texas have it mentioned in their Texas History curriculum.

Even the north Koreans know about it. It's why (tteokbokki) is maroon and not actually red
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.