Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Our week 3 game at Florida will be at 2:30 on ABC

3,887 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by King
BLSmith04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

It will be humid as hell then, but at least we're not giving the home crowd at the Swamp a night game, so that might negate a little of their home field advantage.
McInnis80
A 3:30 kick will not give the the crowd as much opportunity to get as rowdy, but the Ags will be on the sunny side of The Swamp. All joking aside, both teams should be ready for the heat.

Interesting that 3 weeks into the season we will have two traditional broadcast network slots. Last week we had 3 for the year.
TXAG 05
AG
McInnis80 said:

Interesting that 3 weeks into the season we will have two traditional broadcast network slots. Last week we had 3 for the year.

There will be a lot more since there are more slots under the new tv deal. Before this year our only opportunity to be on a regular network was CBS's one game per week.
Bill Superman
AG
TXAG 05 said:

McInnis80 said:

There will be a lot more since there are more slots under the new tv deal. Before this year our only opportunity to be on a regular network was CBS's one game per week.
Will be a lot more if we win games.
Ugly
AG
Florida has Miami in Week 1 and this for Week 3. Napier may very well be coaching for his job this game. With the back end they have to their schedule, they are probably 4-8 if they start off the season 1-2. Gotta think Florida cuts bait early if they see that coming.
NyAggie
AG
Bill Superman said:

TXAG 05 said:

McInnis80 said:

Will be a lot more if we win games.

Yep. More because more slots and if we win games

We'll get the tu game for sure and maybe lsu, mizzou or auburn
greg.w.h
AG
Best ND and the pompous asses will be insufferable…present company excluded of course…
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
2 of our first 3 games will be on ABC. Since joining the SEC, we have never had more than 4 games on a traditional broadcast network in any season. Hopefully, we will have at least 2 more games broadcasted on ABC in this coming season.

2012: 2; at Alabama on CBS and Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma on Fox

2013: 4; home games against Alabama, Auburn, and Mississippi State and road game at LSU on CBS

2014: 3; neutral site game against Arkansas, and road games at Alabama and Auburn on CBS

2015: 1; home against Alabama on CBS

2016: 3; home games against UCLA and Tennessee and road game at Alabama on CBS

2017: 1; road game at UCLA on Fox

2018: 2; road game at Alabama and home game against Ole Miss on CBS

2019: 4; road game at Clemson on ABC, home games against Auburn and Alabama and road game at Georgia on CBS

2020: 1; road game at Alabama on CBS

2021: 4; road game at Colorado on Fox; neutral site game against Arkansas and home games against Alabama and Auburn on CBS

2022: 1; road game at Alabama on CBS

2023: 3; road game at Miami on ABC, and home game against Alabama and road game at Tennessee on CBS
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
TXAG 05 said:

McInnis80 said:

Besides the SEC on CBS, we had a few games on other networks: 2017 at UCLA on Fox, 2019 at Clemson on ABC, 2021 at Colorado on Fox, and 2023 at Miami on ABC. Other than those 4 road games, our only realistic opportunity to be on a traditional broadcast network was the CBS's one game on most weeks or 2 doubleheaders per year.
W
AG
the Ags will be carrying the burden of a 10-game road losing streak into Gainesville

thanks Jimbo
VatoLocoAggie
AG
We will win
bankshot11
AG
Ugly said:

Florida has Miami in Week 1 and this for Week 3. Napier may very well be coaching for his job this game. With the back end they have to their schedule, they are probably 4-8 if they start off the season 1-2. Gotta think Florida cuts bait early if they see that coming.

I think Billy is back in 2025 barring a disaster like 1-11 but it's not like that year's schedule is any better than 2024.
fla_agfan
I'll be at this one... who's hosting the tailgate?
20ag07
Quote:

Florida has Miami in Week 1 and this for Week 3. Napier may very well be coaching for his job this game.
This smells a lot like the 2017 trip to the Swamp, the loss after which McElwain made up the fake death threat story and got fired the next week.
20ag07
A big part of the move from CBS to ABC/ESPN was supposed to include earlier scheduling of game times. Less of the 6-day windows to select.

So far, ABC is delivering for the marquee games. This is earlier than we would have seen in the past.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
I plan on being there
BMX Bandit
Quote:

This is earlier than we would have seen in the past.
earlier by a couple weeks. CBS would also announce early games in may
Sq 17
Totally agree the first 3 games are usually announced this time of year

First three games times are not newsworthy when it is OOC cupcakes
TX_Aggie37
AG
Losing the Florida game would put a fork in our season for me. I could handle a close loss to ND to start the year, but this road game against a Florida team we should beat is the exact kind of game the Jimbo regime had problems winning. Would be a nice statement for Elko to roll in there and throw them a beating.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
TX_Aggie37 said:

Losing the Florida game would put a fork in our season for me. I could handle a close loss to ND to start the year, but this road game against a Florida team we should beat is the exact kind of game the Jimbo regime had problems winning. Would be a nice statement for Elko to roll in there and throw them a beating.
Agreed. I feel like we will have a hiccup game somewhere but it should not be Florida. They are a shell of their former self and starting a true freshman QB. To top it off Miami should roll them too. I think we see Florida put up a fight early but if we can be the aggressor for once I think we pull away early. My road concern is Auburn.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Agreed. I feel like we will have a hiccup game somewhere but it should not be Florida. They are a shell of their former self and starting a true freshman QB. To top it off Miami should roll them too. I think we see Florida put up a fight early but if we can be the aggressor for once I think we pull away early. My road concern is Auburn.

I agree that Auburn will be our toughest road game. When Auburn hosts us on 11/23, they will be coming off a cupcake home game against Louisiana-Monroe, and we will be coming off a home game against New Mexico State. This will be the first SEC game in 3 weeks for both teams because they both have bye weeks on 11/9 and cupcake home games on 11/16. Home field advantage could be the difference maker in this game.

I think South Carolina will be our 2nd toughest road game. When South Carolina hosts us on 11/2, they will be coming off a bye week, and we will be coming off a tough home against LSU on 10/26. South Carolina will have home field and rest advantages over us.

My only concern about the Florida game is that this is Mike Elko's first road game, and Florida will be coming off a cupcake game against FCS Samford. Hopefully, we can snap a 10-game road losing streak with a win at Florida. Otherwise, our road losing streak will reach 11 games.

I think our most winnable road game is at Mississippi State. When Mississippi State hosts us on 10/19, they will be coming off a tough road game at Georgia, and we will be coming off a bye week. We will have rest advantage in this road game.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Good post and info, thanks. On South Carolina, they are pretty weak in terms of talent compared to 2022 or even 2023. It will be tough but we should be able to put it on them if our talent is and coaches are legit.
agfred01
AG
fla_agfan said:

Don't you live in Florida? Maybe you should host. I'll bring the beer
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
I live in Miami. I'm going! Was just there. 5 hr drive.
Either I will find a way or I will make one.
rsemingson
fla_agfan said:

The Florida Aggie Club. They set up in the "quad" last time. A great venue.
King
AG
fla_agfan said:

Hope it's not the wing nazi
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.