Rule 1

1,786 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by AgsWin2011
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2007 Honda Shadow 750. A guy in my town was moving to Virginia and sold it to me for $2k. Less than 10k miles and runs great.

Just took my MSF course a couple weekends ago after never riding in my life. Going to take my time getting used to it in the parking lot before I'm ready to take the training wheels off and hit the streets. Luckily I only have to cross the street before I have all the parking lot in the world at the local schools.
Goat Man
AG
Have fun and be safe! I miss riding.
scd88
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

2007 Honda Shadow 750. A guy in my town was moving to Virginia and sold it to me for $2k. Less than 10k miles and runs great.

Just took my MSF course a couple weekends ago after never riding in my life. Going to take my time getting used to it in the parking lot before I'm ready to take the training wheels off and hit the streets. Luckily I only have to cross the street before I have all the parking lot in the world at the local schools.

A 2007 750 Shadow was my first bike when I started riding during my years in Virginia. Great bike; you'll love it and it won't take long for you to get used to riding it.
AgsWin2011
AG
Having fun with it so far. You're right, I'm getting used to it pretty quick and the parking lot and neighborhoods is starting to get boring. But I'm going to continue to practice and not rush into it. Lot of dumbass drivers out there.
scd88
AG
Hopefully, you live close to where you can hit some smooth blacktops in the country. Riding in the city or on an interstate sucks ass.
AgsWin2011
AG
I live off two FM roads that intersect each other. Both paved and smooth. Luckily I have plenty of country roads with twists and elevation changes. One of them does cross over I-35, but the traffic is very light on the overpass.

No way in hell I want to get on 35 or any highway at the moment.
scd88
AG
Nice. I wouldn't take that bike on 35; just doesn't have the juice to keep up with traffic.

Ironic you got it from someone moving TO Virginia, which is one of the best states for riding...
AgsWin2011
AG
The guy I bought it from also had a newer Indian. Guess he was just trying to shed some toys before the move.

In regard to it riding on 35, my buddy rode it on 35 while I followed. He got up and went with no problem at 75-80.

I'm gonna put some sea foam in later since it sat for a while. Probably do an oil change and air filter next weekend. Changed the spark plugs already. Need to clean the carbs, but never done that before. Probably have my buddy come over and show me how it's done.
BrazosDog02
AG
Does it run ok? Does it stall? Does it miss and sputter?

If not, I wouldn't do anything except put clean fuel and maybe run some BG44 through it. I wouldn't go cleaning things that don't need cleaning and carburetor work can be a birds nest of frustration if it's not absolutely necessary. It's not like you dug it out of grandpas barn.

That's a cool bike.
AgsWin2011
AG
I'm no expert but sounds like it's a little gummed up, even a neighbor a few houses down said sounded like it. Doesn't stall and runs great as far as I can tell. My buddy has a Harley and he said it rides great. Just going to start with seafoam and try to put some miles on it this week. Was going to ride this morning but had a little too much fun last night and it's already pretty hot/humid out. Probably going to ride tonight after dinner.
AgsWin2011
AG
After running some sea foam and Premium through it, it sounds perfect. A guy in my neighborhood with lots of experience said it sounded way better. His first bike was an 05 Shadow and I had him take it for a ride tonight. Said it sounded great and drove smooth. Said not to worry about cleaning the carb until maybe after the riding season.

My oldest son has taken a liking to it so it's been a fun bonding experience for us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.