Outdoors
Sponsored by

Careful out there west of Houston

4,439 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by MouthBQ98
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just got hit by a small tornado here. Wrecked my place up pretty good. Lost a ton of trees.

AXISMEAT
AG
Hopefully the damage from the trees is minimal. Stay safe out there!
O.G.
Hang tough OP.
Howdy Dammit
AG
My folks in Bellville got hammered by the tornado. Tons of trees snapped and power poles.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Your animals come out ok?
OnlyForNow
AG
Damn. Sorry Mouth. Lost some trees for sure bud. And a deer blind?
AustinCountyAg
I'm in Bellville. North side of town and out towards Kenney got hit hard by it. Houses are standing by trees and power line poles down everywhere
SGrem
My folks in Bellville had that tornado go right over their house. Trees down everywhere. A 2"6" board went thru their roof and leaking water. Chimney and all the roof vents gone. 40'x60' bldg on the neighbor 200 yards away is gone. This is a significant front.
Howdy Dammit
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I'm in Bellville. North side of town and out towards Kenney got hit hard by it. Houses are standing by trees and power line poles down everywhere

That's where my folks are. Just south of Kenney. Looks like a war zone
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I am in Katy and we came through okay. Op/anyone, need help with clean up?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
What Rd. are they off of? I'm trying to get more info as far as where the most damage is…prayers to the community.
SGrem
Eli Rd
OnlyForNow
AG
Centerpoint says 800K without power.

Saw a Facebook picture of a super tower (very large high tension four legged tower) down in Cypress, take that for what it's worth.
ought1ag
AG
Buddy sent this from Bridgeland
bam02
AG
Damn.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Same here. Without power for 2 hrs or so
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Oh man… sorry to see that. Everyone okay though?
MouthBQ98
AG
Wow, I got off lucky. House is intact, no power. Lost like 1/3 of my mature trees. Hen house obliterated. Shed roof ripped off. Rooster got crushed by a post oak but all the hens made it. Horse was a little jumpy but he made it out ok. Wife was home and got the dogs in just before it went dark and the wind started swirling everywhere. Big limb fell on my tractor but it's s tough old ford and should be easy fixes. Another big oak limb fell on my boat but it seems to have taken the hit without apparent damage. Several bits of fence crushed by trees or large limbs, mostly barb wire do I can fix that fairly easily. Took about an hour to chainsaw my way out of the driveway. It used to have some nice post oaks and cedars arching over it. Only half are left. At least it is fairly cool outside.
MouthBQ98
AG
I wonder if it was a really swirly derecho instead of a bunch of small tornadoes.
canadianAg
AG
Definitely got pretty western out here in Bellville. We were sitting the kids down to eat when it first started. Looked at my phone and saw tornado warning and my wife and I did the typical "eh probably not a big deal". Then saw that first gust of wind and said nope, get in the bathroom. Managed to just lose our trampoline. Really thought it might make it because I had it tied to 4 of those solid like 14" beach spiral stakes. Bad knots gave way on most but it finally just ripped the last stake out of the ground. Thankfully the rotating wind blew it around the side of the house before directing it in front, only took out on corner gutter.
fullback44
AG
Yeah this is gonna leave a mark.. chit, there is some real damage around Htown tonight .. I'm in Kemah and things are all good down here

https://abc13.com/post/houston-severe-weather-storms-damage-after-in-my-area/14828941/
AggieLumberjack
AG
That house is directly behind us. Luckily no one was home according to the police
Aggie Farmer
AG
We're just east of Bellville off 529 and it was scary to say the least. Lost a roof off barn and several other sheds. Lots of trees down. First the bad hail storm and now this. I'm ready for some sunny weather.
KDubAg
AG
canadianAg said:

Definitely got pretty western out here in Bellville. We were sitting the kids down to eat when it first started. Looked at my phone and saw tornado warning and my wife and I did the typical "eh probably not a big deal". Then saw that first gust of wind and said nope, get in the bathroom. Managed to just lose our trampoline. Really thought it might make it because I had it tied to 4 of those solid like 14" beach spiral stakes. Bad knots gave way on most but it finally just ripped the last stake out of the ground. Thankfully the rotating wind blew it around the side of the house before directing it in front, only took out on corner gutter.

Is this your trampoline?
schmellba99
AG
127.5 MPH winds at 290 and BW8 on the northwest side of Houston yesterday. That's no joke.
AustinCountyAg
that pic was taken down the road from me. it was nuts for sure.
P.U.T.U
AG
From what I have seen it was mostly straight line winds, crazy it go up that high with a spring storm
Agfencer98
AG
I ended up driving through that whole storm from Lake Charles to Aransas Pass yesterday. Scared the hell out of me, as I didn't know it was going to be that bad.

Now that I've seen all the damage it's done, I'm even more thankful I made it through. That storm was no joke.
fullback44
AG
schmellba99 said:

127.5 MPH winds at 290 and BW8 on the northwest side of Houston yesterday. That's no joke.
127.5 mph winds is no joke, we are selling an office over in that area, I'm going to go check on it on Monday, I hope it's still in one piece
MouthBQ98
AG
We actually found a weather radar history indicating a tornado on radar right above our property on their map.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.