Migrant measles exploding in Chicago

7,431 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by jja79
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2024/05/17/report-84-of-chicagos-measles-cases-traced-venezuelan-migrants/

Quote:

A report from the Centers for Disease Control has linked 84 percent of Chicago's recent cases of measles back to the wave of illegal aliens from Venezuela.

The report found that 84 percent of the identified cases were found in illegal aliens from Venezuela who were unvaccinated and can be traced to a single migrant boy who arrived in Chicago with the communicable disease, according to the Daily Mail.
"Bring me your tired, your unwashed, your unvaccinated children…"

Whelp, at least they won't have autism.

And I hope all the Karens in Chicago had their own kids vaccinated for childhood diseases. This is entirely separate from the Covid vaccine issue.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Logos Stick
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I remember Trump bringing up the point that illegals bring in diseases that had mostly been eradicated here. Of course, that was considered racist.
Ag87H2O
AG

Another gift from their gracious leader - Joe Biden.

Choices have consequences.
agent-maroon
AG
3rd world practices yield 3rd world problems and that includes diseases
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Hasn't Polio reappeared in the NW?
Rapier108
Measles is the most contagious virus on Earth with a R0 value of 12-18 (depending on the source one wishes to cite). Chicken pox and polio are the only ones which really come close.

Heck, the WuFlu is jealous of measles' ability to spread.

Thankfully, for now, we still have good herd immunity, but that won't last as long as the invasion continues, and the anti-vaxxers ensure there are more and more available hosts for the virus.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Funky Winkerbean said:

Hasn't Polio reappeared in the NW?
Yes
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BadMoonRisin
AG
and these slapdicks who were deathly afraid of covid had nothing to say about them back then either.

Enjoy the third world (d)iseases. You voted for this.
Science Denier
AG
Send them 20,000,000 more.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Courtesy Flush
AG
And you know the measles from down south hit a little different than what we normally have up here.
IIIHorn

So, the immigrants are spotted in Germany?

TAMU1990
AG
Good
zag213004
AG
Measles is the king of airborne infectious diseases.
Pertussis isn't far behind then mumps

This chart is from 2014. Pretty much everything with r value of over 5 and a fatality rate of over .1% has vaccine (or in malarias case, pills) and no mask is preventing those from being spread since those particles can remain airborne for hours

On a covid note
Covid 19 original strain was estimated at R0 value of 2.3 -3 and delta variant in the 5 range (and up top range). Various sources on that. Again all these diseases have ranges as measles can vary as well 15-17.

Alpha was around 3.3% I think, Delta covid death rate was around 2%, omicon .7%. so covid basically mutated quite fast from deadly but not as infectious to highly infectious but not deadly. Delta seemed to be in that middle ground which would put it just below dengue fever and diphtheria.

Old Sarge
AG
Hey errybody! The DemocRat Party knew this spread of previously eradicated, and horrible diseases to get stared again, was a likelihood when opening our borders and rolling out the welcome mat to Illegal Aliens.

It was worth the risk to you, your children, and extended family to extend their power, over…YOU.

You are nothing more than collateral damage to the DemocRats, and have less value, than the Illegal Aliens themselves.

So, the leftists are lost, but you CMs just keep muh principals high, and don't vote to stop this travesty. Your "statement" rings very clear.
"Green" is the new RED.
Rapier108
The WuFlu never had a 3.3% death rate for the overall population.
JohnLA762
AG
Rumor has it the measles are seeking asylum as well….

Why are liberals the dumbest group of people in the history of the world?!?
KidDoc
AG
I find the anti-vax people very interesting. It is an odd mix of far left and far right families- some very educated some uneducated. These same families come running into clinic for help when their kid is sick but refuse to protect them with safe and effective proven vaccines against diseases that we have no treatment for.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
What are things that we all knew would happen?
Cen-Tex
AG
Tuberculosis is up about 6% as well
Logos Stick
I'm not anti vaccine as long as it's been tested thoroughly and the disease warrants it. COVID met neither of those criteria.

Liberals are willing to kill this nation economically and literally by flooding the nation with illegals carrying disease.

They deserve the calamity coming their way.
AgDad121619
AG
Old Sarge said:

Hey errybody! The DemocRat Party knew this spread of previously eradicated, and horrible diseases to get stared again, was a likelihood when opening our borders and rolling out the welcome mat to Illegal Aliens.

It was worth the risk to you, your children, and extended family to extend their power, over…YOU.

You are nothing more than collateral damage to the DemocRats, and have less value, than the Illegal Aliens themselves.

So, the leftists are lost, but you CMs just keep muh principals high, and don't vote to stop this travesty. Your "statement" rings very clear.
never forget Americans were required to have a COVID test to return from foreign countries while opening the border wide open. Would love to hear from the known Dem trolls on this topic but I expect crickets
Courtesy Flush
AG
KidDoc said:

I find the anti-vax people very interesting. It is an odd mix of far left and far right families- some very educated some uneducated. These same families come running into clinic for help when their kid is sick but refuse to protect them with safe and effective proven vaccines against diseases that we have no treatment for.

That's what happens when people lose trust in the people we should be able to trust. Some of their decisions are rational and some are bizarre but had they not lost trust in the institutions that should be trustable, the actions would be more predictable.
Muy
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Another gift from their gracious leader - Joe Biden.

Choices have consequences.

We need to send more.
agent-maroon
AG
Courtesy Flush said:

KidDoc said:

That's what happens when people lose trust in the people we should be able to trust. Some of their decisions are rational and some are bizarre but had they not lost trust in the institutions that should be trustable, the actions would be more predictable.
Anti-vaxxers are not new since covid. I went to med school with a future family doc that wouldn't vax his 5 kids because of herd immunity from all the others who did. He's also an Ag that might post on TexAgs.
Old Sarge
AG
AgDad121619 said:

Old Sarge said:

never forget Americans were required to have a COVID test to return from foreign countries while opening the border wide open. Would love to hear from the known Dem trolls on this topic but I expect crickets
There's a story here on Texags somewhere, where an Ag tested positive for Covid getting ready for return from vacay in Mexico per the law, and was going to have to stay behind from his family for two weeks for quarantine per same law. So, he changed his flight to a near border city, got a ride to a bridge location and walked across with no test or questions asked. It is all a scam/sham. Covid, and the fact we have a "border". Countries cannot be defined without borders. DemocRats want to destroy the country as we knew it. Anyone that does not vote against them is a fool. (CMs)
"Green" is the new RED.
one safe place
KidDoc said:

Nobody was anti-vax with regard to covid, those weren't vaccines.
deddog
AG
Maybe they can all start wearing masks in Chicago, if they ever stopped
Funky Winkerbean
AG
KidDoc said:

Refuse to protect them from what exactly? What vaccine are these people refusing?
Kraft Punk
They're called illegals
Kraft Punk
KidDoc said:

I wonder what could've happened to make people not trust vaccines that doctors push....

Hhhmm

I'll have to think real hard about this one
El Gallo Blanco
KidDoc said:

I think a lot of them are scared given the correlation between vaccine battery rollout in more recent decades and increase in autism. It may be wrong, it may be ignorant, but are RFK and others like him just making up the notion that there has been a significant increase in autism cases since these rollouts? How many vaccines are there now? Why are we giving children HPV vaccines to little kids? Do you blindly trust big pharma after Covid? Or just when it comes to traditional vaccines?

Our child is vaccinated, but I do wonder if there is a slightly greater risk of autism if you get all of these vaccines as a baby. What if it's just a 1-2% increase in risk? Is that not significant?
ts5641
AOC loves her some migrants. Maybe she should go be with them and help them.
El Gallo Blanco
agent-maroon said:

Courtesy Flush said:

KidDoc said:

Anti-vaxxers are not new since covid. I went to med school with a future family doc that wouldn't vax his 5 kids because of herd immunity from all the others who did. He's also an Ag that might post on TexAgs.

To be fair, he probably didn't foresee democrats being such anti-American scumbags, who would gladly open the floodgates to millions of unvetted third world immigrants over the course of just a few years.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.