Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The definition of Jimbo Fisher Syndrome.....if there was one

5,982 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Bryanisbest
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll start. When a person is paid an enormous amount of money to produce for and extended period of time, and decides to perform below expectations and keep the money.
Ogre09
AG
When you continue to obsess over someone by posting about them when our program has already moved on.
BMX Bandit
JF Syndrome example:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3460882
TX_Aggie37
AG
Weird thread to start at any time of day, let alone 5:39am. Is Jimbo the first thing you think about every morning?
maroongoon95
AG
It's called an off season post. So....if someone posts a topic at 0539, they are obsessed with that topic? Explain the logic.... idiots
maroongoon95
AG
Ugly
AG
This topic is bad and OP should feel bad.
jrgypsum
OP needs to check into treatment for Jimbo Obsession Disorder (JOD)
greg.w.h
AG
We should hire him and fire him again and lay out another $100 million so we can satisfy our need to top our own stupidity?!?
Indianrider
AG
greg.w.h said:

We should hire him and fire him again and lay out another $100 million so we can satisfy our need to top our own stupidity?!?
achooooo
Maroongoon95; I'll take a stab at it; someone who reaches the height of success in his profession and then thinks that it was his talents alone that achieved that success and so from that moment forward never takes advice from anyone and never alters his original blueprint. Any future failure is blamed on others who do not "execute" the blueprint for success properly.
JohnLA762
AG
maroongoon95 said:

I'll start. When a person is paid an enormous amount of money to produce for and extended period of time, and decides to perform below expectations and keep the money.

I do this every day at work. What's the big deal?!?

Mark Stoops
maroongoon95 said:

Who was at fault for Jimbo's ridiculous extension? He have a gun to our head?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Weird thread to start at any time of day, let alone 5:39am. Is Jimbo the first thing you think about every morning?
Maybe he was still up.
AGDAD14
Working for a delusional boss with an inflated ego, who is willing to overpay you.
Faustus
NM.
Leonard H. Stringfield
We get a new entrance tune yet?
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
StinkyPinky
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

StinkyPinky
AG
achooooo said:

Maroongoon95; I'll take a stab at it; someone who reaches the height of success in his profession and then thinks that it was his talents alone that achieved that success and so from that moment forward never takes advice from anyone and never alters his original blueprint. Any future failure is blamed on others who do not "execute" the blueprint for success properly.
Nailed it. Unfortunately this is very accurate across lots of industries.
alamogeorge
AG
maroongoon95 said:

I'm a government employee. I don't see the problem.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
VatoLocoAggie
AG
"If you consistently look behind you as you're trying to run fast, you will be blindsided by the future and never see or take advantage of the opportunities ahead of you." --- VatoLocoAggie

Stop living in the past.
Even my uncle tries not to have night terrors of Nam.
He has no choice. You do.
Leonard H. Stringfield
StinkyPinky said:

Leonard H. Stringfield said:

I'm down with it. Maybe Trev will get the memo?
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
Buck Turgidson
Ugly said:

This topic is bad and OP should feel bad.
We should all feel bad for having hired that worthless con artist and the giving him a historically stupid buyout. Our athletic department is incompetent and a consistent source of humiliation for the university.
Cojack
You are the definition of the syndrome.
HanktheAg
AG
That could be Klyer Murray or Kevin Sumlin syndrome too!
aeon-ag
maroongoon95 said:

WHY ARE YOU STILL LIVING IN THE PAST!!!!!! Jimbo' gone, GET OVER IT!!!!!!!
Shoefly!
AG
Dayam! The OP is obviously suffering from JimboTSD. Where is y'all's Aggie empathy? Everyone heals at different speeds. Y'all are a tough crowd!
maroongoon95
AG
Naaaaaaa. We never talk about past Aggie related stuff on the board. It's all current. If you don't know I'm being highly sarcastic
Bryanisbest
AG
I don't think for a moment Jimbo slacked off due to his salary. He has too much pride for that. Jimbo just wasn't as smart as we thought he was. He also had too much pride to be the great coach we thought he would be. Ego and ignorance got him, not lack of effort. Elko is the one. Ego in control and smart. He is gonna do it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.