Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN College Gameday in College Station Record

3,871 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 4
SuperAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what our record is at home when ESPN College Gameday comes to town?

I can't remember the last time we won one of those games, although I could be wrong.
carl spacklers hat
Not great
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
13B
We are due!
TAMUallen
AG
Easy to find on the other thread about this...

Only Fans Director said:

A&M is 1-8 on College GameDay.

Time to break the curse!

1995: at Colorado 29, A&M 21
2000: Oklahoma 35, A&M 31
2006: Oklahoma 17, A&M 16
2012: Florida 20, A&M 17
2013: Alabama 49, A&M 42
2015: Alabama 41, A&M 23
2016: A&M 45, Tennessee 38
2016: at Alabama 33, A&M 19
2018: Clemson 28, A&M 26

Lots of very close games.
RepublicOfTexas
AG
2021 Ole Miss isn't on there but we lost that as well
tk111
AG
RepublicOfTexas said:

2021 Ole Miss isn't on there but we lost that as well
That was @ Ole Miss, not at home, but yeah doesn't help.
alamogeorge
AG
The pylon....
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Texas A&M is 1-5 at home on College GameDay and all 5 of those losses were decided by 7 points or fewer. It's time to break the curse by beating Notre Dame on 8/31.

2000: Oklahoma 35, Texas A&M 31
2006: Oklahoma 17, Texas A&M 16
2012: Florida 20, Texas A&M 17
2013: Alabama 49, Texas A&M 42
2016: Texas A&M 45, Tennessee 38 2OT

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
TAMUallen said:

Easy to find on the other thread about this...

Only Fans Director said:

A&M is 1-8 on College GameDay.

Time to break the curse!

1995: at Colorado 29, A&M 21
2000: Oklahoma 35, A&M 31
2006: Oklahoma 17, A&M 16
2012: Florida 20, A&M 17
2013: Alabama 49, A&M 42
2015: Alabama 41, A&M 23
2016: A&M 45, Tennessee 38
2016: at Alabama 33, A&M 19

Lots of very close games.

I just looked up College GameDay Wikipedia, and College GameDay did not come to the Alabama vs Texas A&M game on 10/17/15. Instead, they went to the Michigan State vs Michigan game in Ann Abor, and that game was played at the same time as the Alabama vs Texas A&M game on that day.

2021: at Ole Miss 29, Texas A&M 19.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(football_TV_program)

Yes, the record of 1-8 is correct, and all the other games listed are accurate.
Frank Grimes
AG

This one was an outrage. Labhart got destroyed before Johnny's pass arrived, and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix took it back for a pick six. No pass interference called. That was a likely 14-point swing as we were driving. We lost by 7.

Still bitter...
george07
AG
2006 against OU, I'm still bitter about that one! Leaving J train on the side line twice at the one yard line is as dumb as it gets.
SuperAg09
AG
Smoke draw with McGee was Frans favorite play
NyAggie
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Texas A&M is 1-5 at home on College GameDay and all 5 of those losses were decided by 7 points or fewer. It's time to break the curse by beating Notre Dame on 8/31.

in almost all of our gameday games at home, the opponent was clearly far and away the better team on paer coming into the game, except for the tennessee game, which we won, and that florida game - though that was sumlin's first game and johnny's first game.

those bama and ou teams, along with clemson ,were all top 3 teams while we were unranked or lower top 25 teams. It's understandable that we lost all of those games.

I don't think the 1-5 record it means anything more than we just almost always played much better teams than us.

this year, I don't see notre dame as a team that is head and shoulders better than us. I see it more like that tennessee game, 2 teams pretty even. I think with the gameday hype, the night game, and us being at home, we'll take this one.

VP at Pierce and Pierce
The only time I can recall the refs letting the A&M vs Bama game play out, A&M won in 2021. The officiating was awful in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2022 and 2023. Watch any conference game that Bama plays in and it is shocking how many calls or things go there way. Free yard to keep the chains moving, DBs getting to arrive early, tackles starting early, holding, pick routes, etc.
kevmiller
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

The only time I can recall the refs letting the A&M vs Bama game play out, A&M won in 2021. The officiating was awful in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2022 and 2023.

Wow lol
Fatboy Thaddeus
OP, by my count ESPN has hated us 6 out of 6 times.
Ask yourself 3 questions:
1) Do I live in an echo chamber?
2) Do I spend all my energy barking when I hear a dogwhistle?
3) If this was me, how would I even know?
greg.w.h
AG

The only time I can recall the refs letting the A&M vs Bama game play out, A&M won in 2021. The officiating was awful in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2022 and 2023. Watch any conference game that Bama plays in and it is shocking how many calls or things go there way. Free yard to keep the chains moving, DBs getting to arrive early, tackles starting early, holding, pick routes, etc.
So like playing Texas…
SuperAg09
AG
greg.w.h said:

So like playing Texas…
Just wait for November this year... we may be in the conference longer and the game at home, but there will be some calls that highly favor tu
Bison
AG
NyAggie said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

in almost all of our gameday games at home, the opponent was clearly far and away the better team on paer coming into the game, except for the tennessee game, which we won, and that florida game - though that was sumlin's first game and johnny's first game.

If memory serves, that was NOT supposed to be the first game. La Tech was going to be the opener, but OMGHurricaneIsaac and the game was postponed. We played twelve games that season without a break. If we had opened against La Tech, I think we would've won and then the team would had more of a groove against Florida. (We won against La Tech later in a very wild game --doubt things would have been as loose on Day One in terms of them scoring, but it would have been a road opener all the same. YMMV. It is possible that would have lost to them and then won against Florida, in which case same record but with SEC title most likely but a championship bid out of the question.)
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Relax.
The past is the past ... before Elk.
We will win.
NyAggie
AG
Bison said:

NyAggie said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

If memory serves, that was NOT supposed to be the first game. La Tech was going to be the opener, but OMGHurricaneIsaac and the game was postponed. We played twelve games that season without a break. If we had opened against La Tech, I think we would've won and then the team would had more of a groove against Florida. (We won against La Tech later in a very wild game --doubt things would have been as loose on Day One in terms of them scoring, but it would have been a road opener all the same. YMMV. It is possible that would have lost to them and then won against Florida, in which case same record but with SEC title most likely but a championship bid out of the question.)

Yeah, but I also think of it this way: Florida had no idea what to expect from us and Johnny so that enabled us to jump out to an early lead, but when muschamp adjusted he shut us down in that 2nd half

Had we played Florida game 2 they may have kept us in check all game, who knows

And like you said had we played La tech in game 1 it was no gimmee-we may have lost

The game that screwed up wax lsu it was later in the season and we should have fared better against thst defense than we did. I recall getting screwed with a td getting called back on drive 2 due to holding or something and instead of 14-0 it was only 10-0

That made a big difference in that game
AG
NyAggie said:

I recall getting screwed with a td getting called vs k on drive 2 die to Hindi g or donation f

Joe? That you?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.